Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Re-education of Skor

Hi All!

You may remember that my adorable little kitten, Skor, has been waking me up WAY too early in the morning with his whole snuggling, kneading (with claws) routine. Well, I decided that I wasn't going to put up with it any more.

I talked to Hubby about the entire situation and as he is a bit ambivalent about trying to re-educate Skor, I decided to leave him on his own and to take charge of myself.

Last night, or should I say this morning, Skor entered the bedroom in his usual M.O. He popped onto the bed and, after a few testing "meows" to see if I was awake, began the routine. He snuggled and cuddled and I let him. However, the moment the claws came out and headed towards the face - I pushed him away roughly. When he persisted - it was out of the bed.

It took two cycles of snuggling, cuddling, kneading to the face, and being dropped out of bed before he seemed to get it. The third time Skor jumped on the bed - sniffed my ear (talk about a weird sensation!) and then moved over to knead Hubby's shoulder. A few minutes later, Skor returned to me and laid down next to me purring away. There was no kneading with claws. Just a lovely, purring kitten.

I am not sure if this will work but, I am determined to try!

Wish me luck!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well but my neck is a bit crunchy and sore right now. No clue why!

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Just like a toddler....

Chris H said...

Sounds like it will work. Good luck!

Flea said...

Sounds like it will work! You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

It's a process! We're still working with Cassie on pottying outside instead of on pee pads. If Skor is anything like Cassie it will take a few reminders!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.