Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Birthday Celebration/Girls' Day Out

Hi All!

Last Saturday a bunch of girls (technically women) got together for a luncheon and movie to celebrate my birthday and Tricia's birthday - which are two days apart. We went to Mimi's Cafe and had a great lunch. Of course, most of the time we just chatted and had a good time. I took along my trusty purse camera and got these shots.

The cafe gave Tricia and I complimentary chocolate mouse cake. Yummy!

I got to blow my candle out - Tricia's mysteriously went out before she got the chance. Beth kept telling her that she DID blow out the candle - she just didn't remember. Yeah, right!

Doesn't this look good? Sarah is trying to hide in the background!

Beth whipped out her own purse camera to take a picture of me taking a picture of her!

Tricia and Stephanie had fun on their side of the U-shaped booth. Tricia says she takes horrible pictures - I think this one is pretty darn good!


This is the entire bunch. Don't we look like fun gals?
sdfh
After lunch we headed to the movie - with the exception of Stephanie who had to head home so she could make it to a friend's wedding on time. We missed her!
sdgfh
We saw Night at the Museum: Smithsonian of whatever it is really called. It was good - of course, Beth and I kept pointing out all of the impracticalities throughout the movie - quietly so we didn't bother others. Finally we decided that movies called upon the audience to have a willing suspension of disbelief. It was fun.
sdgfh
There is nothing like having friends! Hopefully, we will do this again this summer!
dsgfh
Trisha
dsghf
Voice Update: Doing pretty well. Skor helped me out last night by massaging my throat. Of course, his claws got in the way once in a while so I have a little scratch at the base of my throat. So hard to find good massage therapists these days!

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Trisha and Tricia--Happy Birthday!!!

noble pig said...

Sounds like a great time. My kids are begging me to see that movie!

*Sarah* said...

That was uber-fun! Girl I am on a roll with blogging this week! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks so fun! I love girls night!

And free chocolate...? Sign me up!