Saturday, May 2, 2009

A New Day Dawns . . .

Hi All!

Yesterday's post was cathartic. After I wrote it I took a short nap and then headed to the ASL lab to watch the last required video of the semester and to chat with the lab assistants - one of my favorite things to do.

When I got home I felt lighter. Are there still things bothering me that I can't change - of course. Do I still have some feelings of negativity hidden in the dark corners of my soul - sure do! Is the need to wallow in negativity still around - nope!

Writing about wanting to be negative seems to have vented all that need leaving a lighter feeling in its place. No longer do I want to violently hit something until I can't hit any more. Now, I just think about the things I can't change and sort of shrug. Life goes on.

Speaking of which . . . it is the weekend! YEAH! I plan on being a lazy slug this weekend with a little studying thrown in for good measure. I plan to enjoy the slightly nutty flavor of multi grain Tostitos and the refreshing slide of ice cold water as it is swallowed. I plan to read and listen to music and to spend time with my husband. I plan to recharge so that I can face the negative with a more positive point of view in the coming weeks.

On Thursday, in Deaf Culture class, we started watching the movie "Mr. Holland's Opus." This is a movie I have never seen before and one I really have wanted to see. We watched about an hour and 45 minutes of the movie and, so far, it is really good. I can't wait until Tuesday when we will finish watching it!

Nothing else too exciting going on here - other than my change from negativity to positivity!

Hope you have a nice, restful, wonderful weekend!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still doing really well. I was massaging as the computer was booting and it is only VERY SLIGHTLY crunchy. Such an improvement. It is amazing how much of a difference it makes in talking when my throat is loose. I don't have to work so hard to talk! Before I got SD I never even imagined it would ever be an effort to talk (okay, maybe when I had a sore throat).

2 comments:

noble pig said...

Glad you are better and I love that movie!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel better. Sometimes it's easier to just let it all out so you can move on!

Have a great lazy weekend!