Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Sky and Please Pray

Hi All!

Today I am going to show you some shots I took during a walk with Hubby. This was at about sunset and a storm was whipping up in the area. The combination made some very interesting cloud formations.

I like the way that the sun peeked through the clouds in this shot.

How in the world do clouds get into these formations?

Sometimes I like to play around with framing shots with trees. What do you think?


The sky reflected in the pond was very pretty too!



It just makes me feel so small . . .


I can look at these and take a deep breath and let things go . . .
adsfg
Now for something a bit more serious.
sdgfsdfg
One of my college room mates just friended me on Facebook. We have kept in touch - sort of - through Christmas cards and stuff like that. The occasional letter back and forth. She is a wonderful person with a husband and two sons.
I was quite shocked to find out today - when she replied to my general inquiry as to how she was doing - that she has cancer. Apparently, she has a rare soft tissue cancer called leiomyosarcoma which had spread to tumors on her liver. She has had surgery and the original mass and the tumors on her liver have been removed but since it had already spread, the doctors are really worried about recurrence.
After she recovers from the surgeries (she had two) she will probably get radiation and other cancer treatment.
Please pray for her and her family. She is such a special person going through such a difficult time. She is my age - 40.
Trisha
Voice Update: I head to speech today so we will see what Susan says about how things are going after my cold and the stress of finals and all of that good stuff. I think I am doing pretty well overall.

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Beautiful pictures, and I will definitely keep your friend in my thoughts. Cancer sucks.

noble pig said...

Oh no that's terrible, she is in my thoughts.