Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Done, I'm Done, I'm Done!

Hi All!

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because . . . well, a number of things.

First of all, I had finals! Yikes! Add to that the fact that I had (and still have) a "nice" cold. Then stir in a healthy helping of house guests and a dash of doctor's appointment and . .. you have my day!

Chronologically, I started the day off by waking up with a doozy of a cold - you know the kind that clogs up your nose, stuffs up your head, and oozes constantly down your throat causing a cough that just won't go away? Doesn't that sound like fun? Let's just say it didn't put me in the best of moods. Then again, the source of my "less than pleasant" mood could have been that I wasn't able to sleep much the night before. I think the total was about 3 1/2 hours.

So . . . I wasn't too happy. It was nice to talk to my parents and my uncle though as I waited to leave for my doctor's appointment which I thought was a noon.

WRONG!

My appointment was for eleven! I showed up at noon! Oops! The cold obviously wasn't letting me think too clearly (perfect for Finals day, right?). The doctor agreed to see me anyway (she is SOOOO wonderful!) and I got out of there at about 1:15. Because I was having blood work done, I was fasting (another possible reason I was grumpy!) and so I needed to get some lunch before my final - at 2:00!

Luckily, my doctor's office is only about 20 minutes from the college so, I whipped through Wendy's drive-thru (Why do they insist on spelling things wrong? No wonder kids can't spell!) to pick up a burger and a Frosty (as a reward for the doctor and because I have a cold!). Then I got to school, prayed that I would find a close parking spot, thanked God that I found a spot in the front row, rushed into the building, and scarfed down my lunch.

Sound like fun yet?

Anyway, I am done with my finals. I didn't do as well as I should have because, let's be honest, the cold wasn't doing me any favors in the thinking department. I do know that I passed everything though!

My traditional saying for this time of the school semester is "I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!"

Today, my cold is still here and still making my life oh so much fun. I have speech today which will be interesting with my cold. I am thinking of canceling and going back to sleep after my parents and uncle leave. We will see how it goes.

Last night I had just fallen asleep when I woke up feeling like I was drowning from everything draining down my throat. I put on a spectacular coughing exhibition which my audience of two cats seemed to really enjoy. Hubby . . . he just kept sleeping! Once I was done, I went back to sleep. About an hour later, I woke up and coughed once. Not too loudly. And Hubby . . . woke up worried that I wasn't doing okay. Go figure!

This morning I got up and walked with Mom even though I got really out of breath. Darn it! Normally I can walk forever but this darn cold!

Oh well!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing as well as can be expected with this darn cold!

3 comments:

Flea said...

Darn that cold! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Break out your humidifier!

Mental P Mama said...

Wow. I need a nap now. Feel better;)

noble pig said...

I hate taking tests sick. it's like snot is running down your face and you are trying concentrate..ugh! Feel better!