Friday, May 2, 2008

Swallows and "Gulp!"

Hi All!

Yesterday I was talking with my mother on the phone (to be fair, I also talked to my father in the that conversation! He was helping me understand mortgages and interest and stuff. No - we are not refinancing - it just came up and - inquiring minds want to know!) and I wandered over to our back door. Our back door has a huge window in it - basically the entire door is window - and there are two large windows which flank it - so the wall is basically glass.

Anyway - when I looked out, there were two birds on my gutter. Just sitting there. I was pretty sure they were swallows. On Mom's excellent advice, I grabbed my camera and clicked a few pictures. After consulting the bird book (which I hate! Maybe I can steal Mom's when I visit the next time!!!), I determined that this is a Cave Swallow. I think. The picture in the book shows a much more vivid breast so - who knows!

I took the first part of my American Sign Language final exam last night. This involved me signing 15 sentences in front of a video camera which my teacher will review and grade later. Doesn't that sound like fun? Combine a test with being videotaped - the only thing missing is perching me on a high, thin ledge which I do this!

I think I did well - then again - I always think that! I had to laugh during our test prep time (the class gets about an hour to prepare together for the test. During that time we can help each other with signs, grammar, etc.) when the entire class (there are only 7 of us) asked me for the same word. I could have told them anything and they wouldn't know any different! I didn't but the idea was tantalizing!

Voice update - still rocking! My voice is very good right now. I am making an extra effort to do my exercises and inhalation voicing. Yesterday I sang several songs all on the inhale for old time's sake! It was fun in a very weird way! I must admit that I am falling a bit behind on my massage . . . I had better work on that!

Trisha

No comments: