Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mail Order Meds and Marriage

Hi All!

Hubby and I, like many people in the U.S., use a mail order prescription service. This not only is convenient (usually) but also saves us money. Hubby is in charge of getting everything sent in and refilled and paid for and all of that good stuff. All I do is let Hubby know when I need a refill and in about a week it magically shows up in our mailbox. Isn't Hubby great?

Well - we had a little scare this past week with the whole process. One of my meds was running out and for some reason, Hubby hadn't sent in my new prescription when I had asked him to. Normally, this isn't a real big problem, I just skip a few days while waiting for the new meds to show up. However, this particular med is one which you don't want to stop taking cold turkey - even for a few days - the withdrawal process is NOT pleasant! Needless to say, I was a little nervous about the possibility of going without for a few days while waiting for the mail. Especially because my finals for ASL are this week. I was imagining all kinds of "fun" relating to taking a test while dealing with the great withdrawal symptoms.

With no other course of action open to me I began taking my remaining three pills on an every-other- day basis. I made sure I took one the night before the first part of my final. I experienced some of the withdrawal symptoms on the days I didn't have the meds but not too badly. Thank goodness. Then, I basically began to pray that the meds would show up in the mailbox on Saturday so I wouldn't have to head into the last part of my final without meds.

Wonder of wonders - those pills were there in the mailbox on Saturday! Feeeeew! Now I don't have to worry anymore. I can take my meds and be absolutely fine on Tuesday for my final! Yeah!

Now - about the whole marriage part of things. While being very, very, very worried about my med situation and dealing with the minor withdrawal issues, I must admit that I was less than my usual pleasant self. This manifested by me basically being a little snitty with dear Hubby who did nothing more than start a conversation with me. Poor man! I was able to explain that my med situation was making me weird and, luckily, he understood.

I just hope to get back to normal quickly (I am feeling MUCH better today) so that we can continue on the wedded bliss trail.

I love you, Hubby!

Trisha

Voice update:
The voice is still really good. I had dinner last night with a friend who was amazed at how good it was. Of course, as the restaurant got louder, it became more difficult for me to speak and I was really tempted to "push" my voice to be heard. I did catch myself most of the time to reduce my volume and not push. My friend was still able to hear me - not as well as when the place was quieter but okay. I have not been doing a very good job with the massage. I am going to get on that right now. I am reading out loud and doing a LOT of inhale (partly because it is fun and partly because my speech therapist says it helps the most).

No comments: