Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Idea

Hi All!

Yesterday I had speech. As I was driving along, I noticed all of the different magnets people have on their cars for different causes. Of course there is the yellow ribbon for the troops and the pink ribbon for breast cancer. Then there is the puzzle piece for autism and various other colored ribbons for different causes. Why, I wondered, isn't there a magnet for SD?
asdgasdfh
I asked Hubby about it when he came home. He told me that you wouldn't see too many SD magnets around because there aren't that many people with SD. I don't think that is a reason, do you?
asdfgsdfh
I started brainstorming. I didn't think SD should have a ribbon like everyone else so I thought and thought about a shape. Then it came to me. A speech bubble! Perfect! SD has to do with speech so a speech bubble would be perfect. I sat down at my trusty computer and brought up my card program (which I LOVE) and began to play around. The picture above is what I came up with.
adsfhgsrtgj
What do you think?
adfhsdh
Trisha
adfhsdfgh
Voice Update:
I haven't been sleeping well and when that happens, my voice pays the price! The muscles in my neck/throat tighten up and make things more difficult. I am working on the sleep issue and my speech therapist worked on the muscles. They feel MUCH better now. I have a new exercise to do - talking "nasally." I like to do it with a strong southern accent. I don't know exactly why but talking this way is supposed to work those darn vocal chords. I am also supposed to lay off the oral reading for a few days until things get back in balance with my voice and I stop "skipping" sounds so much. My therapist did a new kind of manipulation on my larynx. It felt like she was choking me but when she was done - it was much better. No pain, no gain, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the SD sign. Any plans to market it? Good job.

Oh - I was in Walmart a day or so back - and guess what - I think I had your shopping cart! Immediately I thought of you and your hubby and I just laughed out loud. I bet you could hear it all the way from Colorado to Texas!

Trisha said...

I am thinking of approaching the NSDA to see if they would be interested in having it made and available through their website. I am not really interested in any money from it . . . just want to spread the word!

Too funny that you thought of me and Hubby in regards to your shopping cart! Those darn things must have a union to get "disabled" carts into each store!

Hmmmmm.... or the cart from our Wal Mart magically traveled through time and space to visit you at your Wal Mart!