Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Plethora of Pictures

Hi All!

Today I have some pictures to show what I was up to lately.

First - Hubby and I are looking at getting some window tinting done. We had our kitchen windows tinted before but then had the windows replaced so - there went the tinting. Since I am a minimalist and don't' believe in window treatments (okay - I just can't find any that I think work!) our kitchen window is bare letting in all the sunshine it can. This is a problem on most mornings when the sun comes in like a laser beam to heat up everything in its path and to blind people trying to read the newspaper.

We got samples and the whole family is trying to decide which is best . . .


Now - out to the flowerbed which has become a very lovely weed patch. I keep waiting to mulch until I know just where I planted things. This is a problem when NOTHING is growing! However, I did spy what looks like a real hosta leaf sprouting. I will keep my eye on it!


Being originally from Ohio, whose state bird is the Cardinal, I have a soft spot for the red little things. Luckily, we have several who visit our bird feeder regularly. Since our kitchen window has no tinting, the birds can see us as well as we can see them - which makes it hard to take a good picture. I managed to get this with the super zoom!

I did tell you all that Hubby is getting more of the GearWall panels to add even more organization to the garage, didn't I? Well, they are in at the store so all he has to do now is pick them up. For the first trip, he asked our friend to help him out with his pick-em-up truck. This time,, Hubby thinks he can pick them up in our SUV. Here he is using the extra panel from the last time to conduct a "test run." I think it will work! I am so proud that Hubby is so into organization! He actually is putting things away these days! Well - the things which have a spot in the garage!

This next picture . . . oops! I guess I am done with the pictures for the moment! Today Hubby and I are going to see the musical "Rain." It is a Beatles retrospective kind of thing - from what I can tell. It will be interesting but, since Hubby really likes the Beatles, maybe he will actually enjoy this one! I just hope the lady with the perfume isn't there or that she forgets to drench herself before coming to the show!

Have a super day!
Trisha

Voice Update: Still really good! I was yelling at Q-Tip for waking me up way too early this morning and everything sounded good. Of course, I wasn't actually yelling because I still can't do that but - I was talking very sternly to him! I am doing my massage like a good girl and the whole inhale thing too. I must admit that I fell a bit behind on my oral reading while finishing up the last two books - I just couldn't slow down enough to read out loud! I promise to get back to that soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the cat looking things over!

Trisha said...

He is a very pretty kitty - until he shows up at 4 in the morning - then he is a demon!