Monday, April 5, 2010

How Can I Not Be Happy?

Hi All!

Okay - I was cranky on Saturday and after going back to bed for a long nap and getting up again - I was still cranky. I think it is just going to take some time for me to adjust to having Mr. Timer around all the time and to the fact that the job that I didn't particularly want was actually helping me!

Now I am in a much better mood. This is due in part to the fact that I got to see this during two worship services on Easter Sunday.

How can you possibly be cranky looking at such a pretty thing? Of course, remembering that Jesus died on a cross to save the world from sin helps a lot too!
sfdg
The weekend was pretty slow - thanks to my nap to try to chase away to "grumpies." It was nice and relaxing.
sfg
I did make sure to do my oral reading on Sunday even though I only got about ten minutes in on Saturday (it is tough to read when you are sleeping!). Hubby has been so very good at helping to remind me to read and to do my exercises. He is hoping that doing these things will improve my voice enough that I don't get grumpy again!
sfg
Good luck with that, Hubby!
Have a super week and - happy belated Easter!
sg
Trisha
sfg
Voice Update: Actually, my voice seems to be improving slowly with the oral reading. I am still struggling with the unvoiced consonants (gee - doesn't that sound familiar??) but, even those are getting better. Now, I can say most of them with no problems when they are in the middle of a sentence. The beginning of a sentence - not so much. Mr. Timer and I are getting settled into a nice little reading routine even though he has had to fight off Skor who wants to chew on him!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I find that sometimes a good dose of cranky helps, it gets out the negative stuff and makes me more focused

that cross is amazing!!

I'm glad you're feeling better now

Chris H said...

What a shame having a nap didn't help with our mood.
Pretty flowers.