Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time Flies . . . .

Hi All!

Happy Thursday!

What? You noticed I was gone for a couple days? Really?!?

Well, let me explain! I have had some "issues" lately in the mornings.

On Tuesday I woke up and I wasn't feeling well. I got ready and walked but had to shorten my route so I could make it home before "not feeling well." After that, I just headed to bed and took a nap before heading to work.

At work I felt pretty good - well, at least my stomach did and that was the problem in the morning. However, I developed a nice little headache throughout the day. When Hubby picked me up to go get our new car (yes, a new car!!), I had a good headache working. I took two Excedrin Migraine tablets while Hubby drove to the dealership and was fine.

There will be more about the new car in a future post.

Anyway - it was a late night and we didn't get to bed until past 11:00. Then I woke up at 3:00 A.M. with a HORRIBLE headache. You know, the kind which makes your head feel like it is getting ready to explode! I lurched out of bed and managed to find some more Excedrin. Back in bed, I slept until my alarm rang at 6:30A.M.

Then I got up and made a lunch for Hubby (yes, he is spoiled but I do it because I love him so much!), and headed back to bed. I slept until about 8:30 when I called my mom - her computer blew up a couple of days ago and she wasn't on the computer to IM so I called to let her know what was going on.

We talked for a while and I managed to eat a few nuts and raisins to soothe my growling tummy even though it protested the introduction of food by making me think it would send the food back! Then - you guessed it - I went back to sleep.

I slept until it was time to get up for my speech appointment. Luckily, the headache had retreated into a tiny little annoyance. Unluckily, I felt like I had been hit by a truck!

Speech went as well as could be expected considering my funk had managed to tighten up my throat/neck really, really well. It took quite a long time to get everything worked out. Then we managed to squeeze in a little work on unvoiced consonants so that they are a bit easier to say. That is what my "homework" is this week - exercises working on those darn consonants!

After speech I came home and made myself some fried rice for lunch and watched an episode of Hell's Kitchen while working on some stuff for class. I also played with the kitties a bit but obviously not enough (Skor is at my feet with his string whining to be played with at the moment!).

Then it was off to lab and class. Remember - I am feeling like I was hit by a truck at this point in the day. That is my FAVORITE remnant of a headache! Anyway - in lab I tried to finish watching a video but it was difficult to understand - even the lab assistants, who are Deaf, had a hard time understanding it! Yikes!

Class wasn't too bad but my brain felt like mush and Frick kept wanting us to "hurry up so we can leave." That made me laugh since SHE was the one who made us so far behind in the first place! Ironic that SHE is the one who is in a hurry now, isn't it? AND the fact that she is clueless half the time - last night she couldn't figure out her handbook because the pages (which are loose and need to be put in a binder) had gotten turned over so they were out of order.

Got home and ate a little something and fell into bed. Woke up this morning still feeling like the truck has worked me over. Doesn't that sound like a super way to start a day of work??


Voice Update: Doing a bit better now that my throat/neck is worked out and is a bit looser. I need to maintain it now. Susan told me to stop being so stressed . . . yeah, right! I need to get out of this funk! I am working on my ts and ps so that I don't "push" them so hard - which makes them not come out correctly. Fun, fun! I am thinking of resurrecting my friend, Mr. Timer, to help me with this but just can't get myself motivated to do that yet.

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Poor baby! Get more rest! It's an order;)