Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chocolate

Hi All!

Along with my odd reluctance to shop, I also have another trait which seems to separate me from many other women. I don't particularly like chocolate.

Now, don't get me wrong. If I am offered a scrumptious piece of chocolate, I will accept more often than not - it is candy after all! However, if I had my choice of sweets I might reach for a vanilla creme-filled cookie instead of a chocolate one. White cake with butter creme frosting is just as good (or maybe even a bit better) than chocolate cake with butter creme frosting.

As I get older, I find myself leaning further away from chocolate. Plus, my taste in chocolate when I DO eat it has changed drastically. No longer does milk chocolate please my palate. Instead, I like the dark stuff. The darker, the better! In fact (be careful - this might shock you!), I recently found out that the "original" Hershey kisses just are yicky! Now, I enjoy the peppermint ones when chilled but the originals just taste "off" to me now.

I know, odd, right?

Well, let me add one more oddity to the mix. Right now I am craving chocolate!

That is right. Me, who doesn't particularly like chocolate is craving the stuff!

What a conundrum!

Trisha

Voice Update: My voice is doing well. I need to step up the exercises (doesn't that sound like a broken record?) but, all things considered, my voice is sounding good. I still have problems with unvoiced consonants and especially the "pr" and "tw" sounds. Susan did give me exercises to work on that should make those sounds easier. Apparently, when I produce those particular sounds, my tongue is in the wrong place and blocks the air stream which makes it difficult to get the sounds out. Now all I need to do is retrain my darn tongue!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I have always loved chocolate... of any sort!

noble pig said...

I normally do not eat milk chocolate unless it's in something...but dark and bitter oh yes!