Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My First Food Blog

Hi All!

Welcome to my first ever blog about food. There are so many people out there who regularly blog about food (Noble Pig is one of my personal favorites) and they make things look so yummy.

However, I must admit that I am a bit intimidated by them. They are such good cooks and make everything from scratch and make such sophisticated dishes. Never mind that many of the ingredients have never even been inside my home!

Well, I decided to make some fruit compote this past weekend. I had a ton of fresh berries hanging out in the fridge and knew that Hubby and I were not going to eat them all very quickly. So - I got busy and made this.


Doesn't it look good? Maybe not as good as some of the "professional" food bloggers but I just had to take a picture!

Right after I took the picture I devoured the whole thing in record time. It was FABULOUS! The fruit I used included strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and peaches. I just cooked them up and added a bit of sugar to satisfy my sweet tooth and - there you have it!

I was pleased with how it turned out and how easy it was to make. I just might make it again in the future. Of course, I wouldn't want to over-extend myself!

Trisha

Voice Update: My voice is good. I did several sets of exercises on my way to meet C to walk this morning (Mrs. N has gone back to school - as a teacher - so she isn't walking with us anymore). I even threw in a massage. Now I have the timer set and am getting on with business. Finally.

5 comments:

MUD said...

When I was a Boy Scout, I wound up as the cook because I could. One of our favorite desserts was the "upside down bake" Basically I made a biscuit recipe and put it in the bottom of a dutch oven. Throw in two or three cans of pie ingredients, cherry, apple or peach and then let the whole thing cook in coals. About the time the coals cool off, the thing is ready. The crust raises to the top and the whole thing is juts yummy. MUD

Mental P Mama said...

Well I, for one, think it looks quite professional. But more importantly, delicious. Did you have it over pancakes? That looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is so GREAT and thanks for the kind words!

See wasn't it fun to make something pretty and post it on the internet? I'm expecting a lot more where this came from.

Since I'm a way from home right now, I miss my kitchen!

What will you make next! And don't think you have to make things from scratch to make things taste good. Just the other day I needed to thicken some salad dressing and I had nothing so I used Handi-snacks vanilla pudding and it worked perfect! See!

Woman in a Window said...

Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

It looks good enough to eat and that's all that matters!