Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Harry Potter and Dr. Horrible

Hi All!

Well, I finally finished reading all seven of the Harry Potter books. I must say that I am a bit sad that they are finished. I really enjoyed reading the books and became very involved in the story line and the lives of the characters. It is a well written series.

Kudos to J.K. Rowling!

My only real trouble is that now that I am finished reading the entire series, I don't want to go back to reading my other books. They all seem . . .well . . . a bit boring. They (and by they I mean the stock of books I am working through from my Grandmother's house. They are older books and lean heavily towards the Victorian era. Okay - the one I am reading now is set during the Revolutionary War but still. . . ) don't have wizards or flying cars or giants or things like that. *sigh*

I suppose I will just have to get used to the "real" world and keep reading on!

In related news, I just found J.K. Rowling's official website and, while I have just briefly examined it, it looks really neat. I will be exploring more after I finish this blog. The first page you enter looks like the top of her desk and has all kinds of things to click on for the different pages. My favorite is the eraser which leads to a room. I don't know what is behind the door yet but I will find out soon!

A couple of days ago I was perusing the blog In The Gutter and came across Dr. Horrible. This is a video podcast like no other. It is a mini-movie/musical and is very well done and hysterical! I highly suggest going and checking it out. You can watch it free or you can purchase it from iTunes for something like $4.00. I was cheap and just watched it online for free.

Click on the poster to be taken to Dr. Horrible's site!

Do you see a familiar face in there? Yes? It is Doogie Howser all grown up and he can sing!

Trisha

Voice Update: I did my exercises yesterday like a good girl. This morning my voice still started out a bit breathy but did work itself out pretty quickly. I will continue to do my exercises and massage - yes, I did that yesterday too! - and see if the improvement keeps coming. Of course, I don't know why I am complaining - my voice is still a hundred billion times better than it was even four months ago.

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I am debating whether or not to start the Twilight series...but I have so many books stacked up and waiting for me already...sigh.

Trisha said...

I read a review of the Twilight series. I am intrigued but I don't know if I should read it or not. The other night I had a nightmare about vampires!

Anonymous said...

Life after Harry is a deep pit of despair isn't it?

It took me a while but I finally moved on...sigh.

Woman in a Window said...

Harry is an old friend of mine. I felt much the same when I finished the series. I go back and visit through movies sometimes or reread a book. What a wonderful creation!