Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just One of Those Days

Hi All!

Today is just one of those days. I went to bed last night with a slightly upset stomach which was making a valiant effort to discuss its symptoms with me. It was grumbling and rumbling around and I swear that I could almost make out words!

I woke up today after an amazingly good sleep (yeah!!!!) just in time to get dressed for my walk with C. My stomach was still slightly drowsy but had already started up its conversation again. This time it was a bit louder and sounded slightly threatening. Hey, just who is in charge here anyway?

Well, it turns out that C had to walk earlier so I missed her and just as I took a step outside to walk on my own (I was TRYING to be good!) my stomach started negotiations about how quickly I would make it to the bathroom. Fun.

So - I didn't walk but spent some quality time in the restroom. NOT my favorite topic. Afterwards I jumped back in bed for another hour until it was time to IM with Mom.

Up I got when the alarm rang, shrugged on my robe (after detaching Miss Cleo from the belt), and shuffled into the computer room. I turned on the computer and found that Mom wasn't there. She was getting a perm and wouldn't be back for at least an our or so. Hmmmmm. What to do, what to do?

I went back to bed.

This time I didn't get up again until about noon. Then I called Mom to tell her why I wasn't online and then tried to reach a treaty with my stomach about eating some toast. Let's just say it was a draw!

Today isn't my best day. Even though I slept until noon and it is only 3:30 now, I really, really, really (really), want to go back to sleep. My eyes keep sliding closed and that darn stomach is through chewing on the puny Imodium I gave it and is back to making slightly threatening noises. The noises ARE a bit less understandable - thanks Imodium!

To go to bed or to not go to bed. That is the question.

I guess I will go check on the mail and see how I feel after that. Getting the mail is always so darn thrilling, I am sure it will knock me right out of this funk!

Trisha

Voice Update: Well, I am not talking too much and have been asleep for most of the day so I am a bit off on my exercises. I have done two sets and will probably squeeze in another while getting the mail. Then it will all depend on if I am awake or not.

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

There is nothing worse than an upset stomach. Treat it and yourself with kindness. Feel better;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you weren't feeling good? I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Woman in a Window said...

Sometimes getting the mail puts me IN a funk. Beware those bills!