Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aches, Spikes, and SD

Hi All!

Well, I worked yesterday for a total of five hours (ooooh . . . aaaaah!). L, the "real" secretary was there for a while. She is going to try to start working her way back to full time. She is still really tired and looked totally wiped out after working for about three hours. Luckily, her mother lives nearby and was making dinner that night!

The bad news is . . . I managed to come home with a headache again! Darn it! I had even taken a nap before going into work and had my headache meds with me. I took them before heading home. I am sure that the traffic didn't help but I did take deep breathes to try to relax and listened to 'old time radio' to keep my mind off the idiots driving around me.

Anyway - I had a headache when I got home and it is still lingering behind my left eye. No - wait a minute - it is moving to behind my right eye as I type. I HATE HEADACHES! Oh well. I guess I will take another nap and see if that gets rid of it.

(Yes, I know I should probably go and see the doctor about all the headaches but I think I will get my eyes checked first in a couple of weeks to rule that out.)

Next topic.

I promised a picture of my cactus. The one my mother sent me in the mail. Isn't she a thoughtful person? Here it is!

As you can see, it is really two pieces of cactus. I think I managed to get them situated pretty well in the pot considering I never used my hands. Now if only they will grow. Don't these things usually grow pretty slowly? MUD was kind enough to give me some good cactus advice which I plan on taking.

I will have to keep an eye on the things and maybe I will have a picture for you when I notice any growth (or death, if it comes to that!)

Lately, several people have stopped by the blog who haven't heard of SD or ABSD before. I am always happy to fill people in on this disorder (my main mission is to spread the word about SD anyway!). If you have questions, let me know and I will answer them on my blog. I haven't been saying a whole lot about it lately because (knock on my fake wood desk) things have been going very well for me.

The struggle for me when my voice is good is to keep up with my exercises - which helped my voice get to this point - and to remember that SD will always be a part of my life no matter what my voice sounds like at any given moment. It is so easy to "forget" and think everything is back to normal.

Of course, if I get too over confident, SD lets me know that it is still around by giving me a horrible voice day! I can't forget that there are two of us in this little dance that is going on in my life - me and SD!


Voice Update: My voice is doing pretty well. I did two sets of exercises before walking today (patting myself on the back) and it did help a little. I think most of my issues are due to the fact that I am trying to talk too loudly. Mrs. N understands my voice - she has heard me in all stages of my voice "dance" and sometimes translates for C who seems to have a slight hearing problem. I am thankful!


Mental P Mama said...

Feel better...That cactus made me laugh, and I have no reason why. I'm just odd that way.

noble pig said...

I was going to say, you might need glasses...but you already said it...or you are allergic to something in that office.

Anonymous said...

I had wretched headaches last year and the new bifoculs got them almost eliminated. Great first step!