Monday, March 2, 2009

Unexpected Visitor

Hi All!

It has been a busy, busy weekend for me. There was the support group meeting. Then I needed to get busy on Destination Imagination stuff. Then last night I was invited to go bowling and out to eat with two friends from class and two deaf guys they had met.

It was a neat chance to interact with Deaf people. We bowled (actually, I watched since my fingers REALLY don't like bowling too much) and then went to Chipotle for dinner. The guys were young (as were the other girls I was with) and were really nice. It was fun. However, I didn't get home until about 10:40 last night. A late night for an old person like me!

On Sunday, while I was trudging through DI stuff in the living room, Hubby walked into the kitchen, stopped short, and told me that we had a visitor. It was this guy.

Our local hawk! This picture isn't the best but I was moving up towards the window trying not to frighten him so he wouldn't fly away. It didn't work too well since he flew away about five seconds after I snapped this shot. He (or she) was pretty amazing. Of course, there were no other birds in the area. Gee - I wonder why!

Today will continue my busy week - which I don't think will end until after this weekend when the DI tournament is over. I have some homework for class to finish up, I have a lunch with my friend M and her daughter. I need to grocery shop so there is food in the house! Doesn't that sound like fun? Stay tuned for updates because I think I just might go nuts this week!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still going strong thanks to massage and exercises!

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Stay sane! That hawk was looking for a little bird to snack on....

Anonymous said...

Wow! Like my Eagle vistor!

Good luck on your busy week. You can do it!

Chris H said...

A Hawk! That is too cool!