Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sunburn, Henry, and Melody

Hi All!

Yesterday was busy and fun - and busy. After my morning routine (actually I slept through my alarm so my morning routine was greatly altered!), I got my act together and had an al fresco luncheon with my friend M and her daughter A.

We went to a wonderful park which had a great playground for A to play on, pavilions, and a pond with fountains. After A played in the playground for a while - that kiddo loves her slides! - we walked back to the pond and ate our packed lunch - chicken salad, fruit, veggie chips, and bread - sitting in an ampitheater looking at the pond. It was a cool day with a slight breeze. Fabulous!

The food was great, the company was better and the chance to just relax and slow down a bit was heavenly.

It wasn't until I was home getting ready for bed at the end of the day that I noticed that I had gotten sunburned! Yikes! Luckily, it isn't bad but it is a clear reminded that sunscreen is essential even in March when the weather is only 50 degrees!

The next time I will remember to take along my camera so I have pictures to post for you! I hope to go back again with M and A.

Right after the picnic lunch, I headed off to the college and to the ASL lab. I have an assignment for fingerspelling class due today and it had to be video taped. The assignment involved writing twenty sentences, each of which contained two numbers, two fingerspelled words, and a FLS (fFngerspelled Loan Sign - a "shortcut" so to speak). Let me tell you - getting all of that into a sentence isn't exactly easy. The last time I had to write twenty sentences it took me FOREVER!

This time I decided to amuze myself and write a little story. My story was about Henry and Melody (the Henry in the story is NOT the Henry that teaches my ASL 3 class. In fact, I didn't even notice that I had used the same name until I was all done recording my sentences!). These two people need help with their taxes and both go to the same accountant where they sit in the waiting room next to each other. It is love, love, love at first sight and the two marry and take a two week honeymoon in Barbados.

It kept me amused. We will see what the teacher thinks!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still doing well. I am still not feeling too eager to actually talk but . . . the voice is kicking bootie!

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You got a sunburn yesterday, and we got 14 inches of snow.

Flea said...

An unknown sunburn simply means you were having lots of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun. Teachers love it when creativity gets in there.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time. And I love the way you handled your assignment!

Chris H said...

Photos would be good! Sunburn? I don't burn, just go brown.