Sunday, March 1, 2009

Support Group Meeting

Hi All!


Okay - I have some time to add some comments.

All the worrying was for nothing . . .the support group meeting went really well. I think that I worry that no one will show up! I really, really, really want this group to work and to be meaningful to people.

Here is my friend Lori - she is explaining the literature we have available for people.

This is my resfreshment table. I had cheese and crackers, Chex Mix, and two kinds of cookies. There was also water to drink.Here is all the literature we have for people. Everything from pamphlets explaining what SD is to information on obtaining an amplified phone for free from the state of Texas.
Susan, my speech therapist (and Lori's too) came to the meeting to talk briefly. The thing most people wanted to see and know about is the massage. She demonstrated on Lori and then went around and did mini massages on everyone who wanted to try. She is wonderful!




The next several pictures are of the fine folks who came out for the meeting. Aren't they wonderful?



I am in the corner of this picture in purple - not a very flattering picture!










Well, that is about it for the support group. I am glad it is over. I am thrilled that so many people showed up. I can't wait to be a nervous wreck over the next one!

Trisha

Voice Update: My voice is doing really well. The people at the support group had a hard time believing that I had SD until I played them some of my earlier podcasts when my voice was bad. They were amazed. Speaking of podcasts. . . I need to stop procrastinating!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like it went well!

Mental P Mama said...

Well, which one is you???!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Trisha. It's wonderful that you're doing the group. I know that people really appreciate it!