Friday, March 6, 2009

Fractious Friday

Hi All.

I am feeling grumpy. Grouchy. Fractious. Impatient. Irritated. Annoyed. You pick your favorite and we will go from there!

While most people look at Friday as the start of the weekend and the start of a "rest from work," I look at this particular Friday as the beginning of a marathon event for which I never feel prepared.

For as much fun as Destination Imagination is for everyone involved (including me), it can certainly be a pain in the neck (and back and legs) to get ready for. I have most of the supplies I need but still have the odd thing to pick up today. Also, I have about a ream of paperwork to sort through, stick labels on, and put into individual envelopes.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

Add onto that enjoyment the fact that Hubby has a foundation company coming to the house this afternoon to check out what the cost would be to fix our foundation- which the warranty company isn't covering - of course!

At 6:00 I will be at the Destination Imagination tournament site to set up the Instant Challenge area. That involves a lot of moving of desks and tables and putting up signs and walking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth . . . .

Let's just say I am not looking forward to it.

Then tomorrow . .. I will be at the site between 6:30 and 7:00 in the morning and will be on my feet all day until about 5:00. My poor feet and aching preemptively! Once home I will fall into a temporary coma as my body tries to recover from everything I have put it through in the past few weeks to prepare for this event. Then the clean up will begin. All of the bits and pieces left over from the tournament will need to be sorted and organized and stored. All of the paperwork leftover will need to be shredded (to maintain confidentiality) or recycled. *sigh*

Oh - I WON'T be blogging tomorrow but I will try to get you an update on Sunday.

Wish me well!

Trisha

Voice Update: Interestingly, Hubby is having a rough week with his voice due to congestion and drainage and all that wonderful stuff. Me, on the other hand, am doing well. My voice is strong and sounding good. I am a bit concerned about tomorrow though - there will be a lot of talking involved. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you'll have fun! Try to relax... I can't wait to hear the results!

*Sarah* said...

have fun! Enjoy all that hard work! :)

Mental P Mama said...

Don't be grumpy! It is going to be an amazing weekend!