Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall? In Texas??

Hi all!

I just got in from walking with C. Like you know, I do this every morning and we generally walk about three miles. Doesn't that sound like fun?

When we first started walking together, it was summer and so it was HOT. When it is summer down here you expect to be drenched in sweat when you finish a three mile walk. It is just a given. You don't question the sweat dripping down your nose, it is natural. Texas in summer is Hot!

However, it is now officially Fall (or Autumn if you prefer!). I know this because the calendar informed me of the first day of Fall. The weatherman on tv told me when the first day of Fall was. IT. IS. FALL.

Anyone ready to dispute this fact? Anyone? No? Good! Point proven!

So - why hasn't Texas figured out this Fall thing? The weather here apparently still believes it is SUMMER! That is right, SUMMER! I came in from my walk and literally had to peel my clothes off because they were stuck to me with sweat! My hair is wet - not damp, mind you - wet with all the sweat! What is going on?

It is Fall! I want some Fall temperatures. I want lower humidity (even though rain would be heartily welcomed!). I want a REAL Fall!

Texas - are you listening???

Trisha

Voice Update: I have speech tomorrow and I am sure that my throat will be tight and not as good as it should be due to my less-than-enthusiastic exercising lately. Get out those wet noodles!

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I think Fall and Texas are oxymorons.

Anonymous said...

It can actually get cold in Texas? Who knew, you might be waiting a long time.

Woman in a Window said...

I can only imagine. Last weekend while in OHIO it was in the 90s and that was too much for us to handle. We were all sweaty, grouchy and beasties! Heat sucks, dude. (Remind me of that in approximately three months.)