Friday, October 3, 2008

Did You Get A Haircut?

Hi All!

I slept in a bit today (actually Skor wasn't so keen on that idea so I didn't sleep in nearly as much as I had hoped!) so I didn't post at my normal time. Sorry about that! If it makes you feel any better, I got a pretty respectable scratch from Skor as he was clawing me through the covers this morning (and action which was very highly discouraged very promptly!).

Okay - I have to say that one of the things that always makes me think of my father is when someone asks if I have had a haircut. You will understand why in just a bit.

Today I had my hair cut (gee - I'll bet you never guessed!) and because of my short "do" I tend to get it cut pretty darn short. It is blatantly obvious that my hair has been cut. This doesn't stop Hubby from coming in from work and asking "Did you get your hair cut?" each and every time. Don't get me wrong - I am THRILLED that Hubby notices but . . . really? Does he need to ask? I always have to hold myself back from giving my dad's much used response . . .

"No, I got them all cut!" Think about it for a minute . . .

I also have another one that Dad likes to say . . ."No, it shrunk when I washed it this morning."

Maybe I should just tell Hubby that he could tell me the shorter hair looks nice or something like that and we could avoid the whole question altogether. Wouldn't that be nice?

Of course, then I wouldn't get the chuckle from picturing my dad responding to the questions . . .

Trisha
Voice Update: It is doing good. I did notice that I was "cutting out" when I was talking on the phone this evening. Never a good sign. I guess I need more exercises!

2 comments:

Flea said...

I like the wash and shrink response. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG my Dad said the same thing, I guess it's generational.