Monday, June 14, 2010

Swim Goggles

Hi All!

Well, I slept a lot this weekend and I think I have defeated the Friday Fatigue. It was bad . . .

On Saturday I dragged Hubby along to have lunch with some of my friends from ASL. We ate at Genghis Grill - my first time there - and it was fun. Of course, now I want to go back and eat there again! Today! Maybe I will lunch there by myself with a good book. Who knows!

After lunch Hubby and I stopped at a Honda dealership to check out the Honda SUVs. Yes, our hunt for a new vehicle for me is continuing. We drove a CRV and a Pilot. I liked both vehicles but the Pilot was certainly more powerful and more luxurious. However, it didn't have a USB connection for my iPod! What??? The cheaper CRV had one standard but the more expensive Pilot didn't! I think that in this day and age it should just be a standard thing. Oh well. I know that won't be a contributing factor in my eventual decision.

On Sunday we went to church and it was just a bit weird. There is a new choir director (who sings the hymns too slow!!!!) and somehow the entire service just seemed "off" for some reason. I don't know if it is the fact that it is summer or if we sat in a weird place or what. Oh well. While sitting in church I did notice that my BRAND NEW SHIRT had a hole in it! Rats! True, it was only a cheapo from Wally World but still . . .

Later that day we took the shirt back (there wasn't another to trade it for so I just got my money back) and ate at What-A-Burger. I still am unable to eat hamburgers from restaurants but I do like their Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich (Or whatever it is called).

Isn't our life exciting?

Today I did my morning walk and my swim. This time I used my NEW swim goggles that I bought on Saturday and I really liked them. The water is super chlorinated (as most public pools are) and I was having problems with my eyes so I got goggles and it makes quite a difference! Yes, my face has goggle marks on it for a while after I take them off but the lack of burning eyes when I finish my swim makes it worth while! No more worrying about water splashing in my eyes while doing the back stroke. Now I can actually open my eyes under water while doing the crawl to see where that darn wall is! It is amazing what a difference a simple pair of goggles makes!

Trisha

Voice Update: I was pretty good this weekend about reading (I am done with Nehemiah!) and I am trying to step up my massage so that my throat stays looser. We will see how that works out.

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I'd say you are all rested up....that was one busy weekend! And slow hymns don't do it for me either....

Chris H said...

OOOO I am getting excited... can't wait to see a new car for you!
Swim goggles, yep we use them too... even in the sea! I don't care if it leaves marks on the face and we look silly... it's better to see where you are going!

Diane said...

It does sound like a busy weekend. I am so low on energy right now that I'm envying your morning swims!

Anonymous said...

I am still loving my little Dodge Caliber! I'm surprised after all my years driving SUV's. It is a fully loaded one with all the bells and whistles though. LOVE the sunroof and will be loving the heated seats come winter.

Captain Beth said...

My mom had a Honda CRV for almost ten years, and we never once had a problem with it. True, it doesn't have as much of a luxury feel as the pilot, but it is reliable to a fault.