Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Late Flight . . .

Hi All!

Whew! I think I need a vacation from my vacation! Either that or I need more sleep because Skor wouldn't let me sleep too much last night - which do you think??

Anyway - Hubby and I are back from our trip to lovely Ohio - where it was unseasonably warm while we were there! I guess we just can't get away from the heat!

Our trip started with a late flight. This was the view out of the plane window and the picture doesn't do it justice!










I know that the last two aren't sunsets but I thought they were nice just the same!
sdfg
We had a direct flight on a TINY little jet which didn't have too much padding on the bottom of the seats. That led to some sore butts by the end of the almost three hour flight!
sfg
Oh well!
sfg
We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of people. However, we have almost decided that trying to see everyone while we are "in town" is just too much. After all, we have all of the relatives AND then friends. It is almost too exhausting to contemplate! I think the next time we will have to have an open house kind of thing and get it over with in one day!
sfg
I will let you know more about our trip in the upcoming days.
sfg
Now, I want to vent a little. You know that I walk and then swim every morning. The pool I use is the community's adult-only pool which requires a key card. If you go back a couple of weeks you can read about my struggle to get the right darn key in the first place. Well . . . today my neighbor joined me for the walk/swim and NEITHER OF OUR KEYS WORKED!!!! What is up with that?????
sfg
Needless to say, I will be calling the association as soon as they open at nine!
The good news is that the same neighbor took care of the kitties and flowers while we were gone and everything is alive and healthy! Of course that includes the weeds that I need to get to pulling now that I am home! In addition, the neighbor gave me a LOT of Texas peaches from their trees. She has a ton and I told her I would go over and help her peel and prepare the peaches for freezing. I can almost taste the peach crisp already! Yummy!
fg
How was your week? I must admit that I didn't read ANY blogs while I was away so I will have a lot to catch up on.
sfg
Trisha
sfg
Voice Update: Because I talked and talked and talked with friends and relatives during my trip, I didn't have to do any reading out loud. Of course, that means that I didn't get further in the Bible but, it is here waiting for me! My voice is doing really well. The only hint of my SD is when I have to start a sentence with a hard C or an H sound or when I try to say the word Two. Not too bad, I must say!

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

So glad you had a wonderful--and busy--trip! Now I want a peach cobbler;)