Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trisha's Wrapped Salad

Hi All!

I survived yesterday with work and class! Sooooo happy! Work was a bit busy because one of the therapists had a death in the family and will be out all this week. That means that I "get" to call all her clients for the week and reschedule them. Not too much fun for my voice!

Class was much better than last week. Henry, the teacher, finally started to make Frick and Frack (formerly known as Gabby and New Mexico) toe the line. In fact, Frick was a bit put out when she got reprimanded in class. Gee - if you don't like it - don't break the rules! Because Henry was reigning Frick and Frack in - we actually got a lot done in class last night. Hooray! I hope it only gets better.

On the kitty front - all seems well injury wise but, Skor is acting a bit odd this morning. He didn't come into the bedroom at all last night/this morning and then kept his distance from me all morning. I wonder what is up with that!

Okay - time for some more Ohio pictures. This time it is food. While in Ohio, I helped put dinner together even though Mom cooked. One day Mom asked me to make the salad. I was in a feisty mood so I tried something different and came up with this.


Now - the color is a bit off because of the clear plates, the lighting, and the brown table but, it looked really good in real life!

This creation is Trisha's Wrapped Salad. It is very simple to make. You take one complete lettuce leaf from iceburg lettuce and place it in a bowl or on a plate so that the lettuce itself forms a bowl. Then, fill the lettuce bowl up with all your favorite salad fixin's. We used sliced beets, Feta cheese, carrots, cucumber, tomato, shredded lettuce, and mushrooms. When everything is inside, roll the lettuce bowl up like you would a burrito. Turn it over so the seam is on the bottom, top with shredded cheese and dressing and . .. . voila!



It tasted exactly like a regular salad but was more of an adventure to eat. We sliced it with knife and fork and then munched. The home-made croutons were added at the end around the edge of the plate since a good salad always needs something crunchy in it!

My dad thought that we should put the dressing inside the wrap and then put the entire wrap in a pita. Mom thought we should leave the seam side of the lettuce up since it was the greenest part of the lettuce leaf and had more color. Personally, I liked it like this. However, I think the variations would be just as fun!

Trisha

Voice Update: Had a real speech therapy session with Susan yesterday and she really worked on my throat. It was just a little bit tight! Now things are better but not quite where they need to be yet. I need to really work on my exercises and massage - something I didn't do too well last week because I was stressed out!

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Everybody has an opinion, huh? I like it your way too;) I'll be by to have lunch later!

noble pig said...

What a fun salad! And yeah for the demise of the rule breakers.