Monday, September 21, 2009

Light Switches and Lettuce

Hi All!

Yesterday was a weird mix of busy and lazy for me. Hubby and I headed to church in the morning (well, the late morning), came home and I vegged. I ended up taking a nap! Then, I woke up and hit the ground running!

I went to the grocery store. I cooked a pork roast for my lunches/dinners this week. I washed dishes. I sewed a new little pouch for my sunglasses. I planted kitty grass. I planted lettuce. I talked to my friend from Ohio.

What's that? Oh - yes. I planted lettuce. I know it is fall but, since it doesn't get that cold in my neck of the woods, I thought I would try to grow some lettuce. Normally, it gets too hot in the summer here for lettuce to do very well. Fall seems like the perfect time to grow some of the leafy, green stuff. I will keep you updated on its progress.

While I was doing all of my busy work, Hubby was busy himself. He is replacing all of our normal light switches with "rocker" switches. You know, the kind that you just click one end of the rectangle to turn it on and the other to turn it off! They look fabulous. However, they did make my indoor work a bit "interesting" because to install them Hubby turned off the electricity! I felt almost like a pioneer working in the dusk. However, my electric stove and my electric refrigerator were still working - on different breakers than the lights!

That is pretty much what happened around here this weekend. We did go shopping for a new car again - again no luck but . . . we are getting closer!

Today I go to work and class and hope that things are fabulous! I have decided that Frick and Frack - while really needing a good swift kick - are just going to be ignored. They are NOT worth the time I am spending on them!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing okay. Having some breaks - due to stress?

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Okay. I now need to have some roast pork;)

Chris H said...

Wow what a busy little beaver you were! I like the sound of those light switches....shame STew is not 'handy' like that.