Friday, February 18, 2011

Man Down

Hi All!

My skipped days on the blog are due to observations - as usual. Not because I don't love you all!

Anyway. It has been a busy week. I had a lot of things that needed to be done and turned in to teachers (four papers and a video) that I delayed by procrastinating so I had to do them all (well, the video I did on Wednesday) yesterday. That means that I did a massive amount of typing yesterday - luckily I was having a "good spelling day" so I didn't have too many problems with spell check!

In addition to the classwork, I have had several observation opportunities this week which have kept me away from home. Normally this isn't a problem at all but . . . Hubby is sick.

That is right - Hubby is down. He is down. He either has a bad cold or the flu (how can you tell the difference?). He came home from work on Tuesday feeling bad and then didn't make it to work on Wednesday - he slept pretty much all day. When I got home from my day long observation on Wednesday I went to the store for medicine. After a lot of wrangling, I got Hubby to actually take the medicine.

For some reason Hubby is resisting taking medicine regularly. I don't know if he thinks he can overcome the sick by just being manly (!!) or what. On my way back from classes last night I called and Hubby was upset that his fever was back. Of course the medicine (which has stuff to reduce fever in it) had worn off and he hadn't taken more . . . .

As I am typing this I hear Hubby in the kitchen having a bowl of cereal. That is a good sign since he has hardly eaten anything for the past couple of days. Hopefully, he is on the mend!

Men with colds or any kind of sickness can be . . . . interesting!

Trisha

Voice Update: My voice is doing well. My neck is still a bit tense (I have to do more work on that)but for obvious reasons I haven't been able to have Hubby give me any shoulder rubs lately! I am working on my massage and exercises though! Plus I have been talking to enough people that I am getting in my talking workout despite the fact that I still haven't gotten back to the oral reading each day.

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

A man cold is not a minor thing!