Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blowin' On the Wind

Hi All!

We all knew it wouldn't last! Over the weekend my area enjoyed a bit of a respite from the unusually cold (okay - not COLD but at least chilly) weather which has accompanied this winter season. The weekend was beautiful- around 70 degrees (or more) and so mild. It was heavenly.

And then a wind started blowing . . . and we all just knew it was up to no good!


We were right! Check out what the wind brought up last night/this morning! (The thermometer reads 19 degrees by the way!)


Snow! Okay - it is really more like sleet. Tiny little ice balls. But . . . come on! We have been through this once already this winter! Once is usually our limit!



Yesterday, when I walked, I knew something was up because of this sky.


But the sight of these spring flowers starting to grow lulled me into a false sense of security!



This bird's nest made me think thoughts of spring when there might be new eggs inside . . .

This brave pansy with its bright face just kept me cheerful. I wonder what it is looking like this morning under all the snow . . .

sfgjsfj

Trisha

sfgjsfj

Voice Update: Still doing wonderfully! Yeah!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had to smile at your pansy and the daffodill shoots coming up!
So thrilling and exciting.
We are expecting an ice storm here
and Buster and I are really fed up!
Glad your voice is doing well.
Greetings from New York.

Flea said...

Look at you with white stuff on the ground! Check out my blog tomorrow to see my white stuff. :)

Mental P Mama said...

I will now officially allow you to complain about the cold!