Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thunderstorm

Hi All!

It is completely possible that in some past blog I have relayed the fact that I absolutely love thunderstorms. There is just something about the deep, rolling thunder and the bright, unexpected flashes of lightening all accompanied by the soothing patter of rain on the roof. *sigh* What could be better?

This morning was a tough one for me. I didn't get to sleep as early as I would have liked and then I had trouble falling asleep. Tossing and turning and covering and uncovering really can wear a person out in the space of a night.

When I finally fell asleep, Hubby decided to get up early because he has been getting to the office late lately. Not a problem - I could just roll over and sleep for another twenty minutes, right?

Wrong! Skor, who has been so very, very good at not waking me up before Hubby's alarm goes off, was very persistent in his task of waking me up. So - no extra twenty minutes of sleep.

I rolled out of bed and headed to the kitchen to make Hubby's lunch. Now, just a side note, I make Hubby's lunch every day because he is such a sweetie and does so much for me that I feel making his lunch is the least I can do. After all, I am pretty much a kept woman these days!

After the lunch I sat at the table reading the comics - a daily necessity - and eating a banana. Once in a while I looked up to ponder the weird looking clouds outside the window. They were huge and black and the sky had an odd, yellowish cast to it. However, just off to the south the sky was bright blue with the sun shining. Odd.

As I contemplated, a wonderfully deep roll of thunder pierced the silence. The cats both scurried to the table to huddle under my chair while peering outside. The birds who had just a moment ago filled the spots at the feeder had swiftly vacated the premises. Was it going to rain?

Lightening and thunder put on a nice show for the next ten minutes as I prepared to walk and still no rain.

I opened the door to start my walk and suddenly, all heck broke loose!

Thunder and lightening were constant. Rain pounded down to be swirled by the wicked wind. My entire front was instantly soaked from the mere seconds I had the door open. Slamming the door, I stood dripping on the rug while trying to decide just how I would walk in this storm.

Grabbing my handy umbrella I tried again. Open the door, poke the umbrella out and open it. And watch it turn inside out a second later when a mighty gust of wind hit it.

Foiled.

After attempting to get out the door another time or two I decided to just give up. I headed back to the bedroom, opened one of the blinds and settled in to watch the show.

Skor joined me on the bed and together we watched the wind whipped rain as the gutters played a storm song. Thunder continued to rumble across the scene as lightening fought with the sun to light up the storm. The drum of rain on the roof set all of the visuals off to perfection.

It was a wonderful morning!

Now I am off to work early so that I can meet my friend Donna for brunch first. It is going to be a good day - as long as I don't have to be on hold with insurance companies for hours again!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well. Not really too much to say at the moment. Should I be doing more exercises and massage - always! Always!

5 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Silly...Thunderstorm=Stay Inside!

noble pig said...

I love a good thunderstorm too, there's nothing like it.

Mama Goose said...

Well, I finally sent the rain your way!

I do love a good thunderstorm...

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Asthmagirl said...

What a wonderful description of the storm! I could just see it!

Chris H said...

You did the right thing! How can you enjoy a fantastic thunder storm while walking in the pouring rain!