Sunday, July 6, 2008

Two New Podcasts!

Hi All!

I just finished posting TWO new podcasts today. Yes, you read that correctly, TWO! The first podcast - episode #20 is about the amplified telephone which is invaluable to me as I go through my ABSD dance. I include information about how to obtain the telephone (applicable in Texas only, sorry!) as well as ideas about how to start the ball rolling to find such a phone if you live in other states. I hope to come back to this blog and show a picture of the phone in all its glory later today (after dinner!).

Oh - Mom, this podcast is a long one! Sorry about that but there was just a lot of information to share. I think it is around ten minutes. You may want to start downloading before you walk and it might be ready when you get home!

Here is a rather poorly lit photo of my wonderful phone. It looks a bit dowdy but, I don't really care! It helps me get heard!

This is a close up of the amplification button. You can also adjust the volume of the outgoing voice. Since this is a phone will all kinds of wonders, I can also amplify the incoming sounds (good for talking to other SDers) and, if I wanted, I could install a battery so the bottom part would blink wildly when the phone rings. I guess I am ready for when I start losing my hearing too!

This is also a good picture of the HUGE buttons on this phone. It makes me feel like I am about three years old and playing with the "grown up phone." I guess when my eyesight goes that will be a good thing, right?

The second podcast is a short one - only about three minutes - and it is all about getting the word out about the video about SD from the Denver television station.

If you listen, I hope you enjoy!

Trisha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trisha,
You sound GREAT! Wow I'm impressed. Before I started botox I couldn't get a word out without whispering. I'm impressed!

Trisha said...

Sara-

Thank you for the compliment! I am so very pleased with my voice which I consider a miracle! I haven't had botox for about a year and, with my exercises, my voice has been going strong now for about 6 months or so! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am going to have to listen to the podcasts later. I got on here to check a few things and popped over to see how you were today. I'm actually in the middle of some stuff. I didn't even know about a video out of Denver??? Did that come out while I was gone on vacation? Gosh, I am going to have to come up with a schedule for my blog reading... so much time for personal, so much time for SD, so much time for political, so much time for... Oy!

Karen Deborah said...

wow cool!