Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hi All!

Today's post is going to be really short because I am off to a doctor's appointment. Nothing SD related - just giving blood for a checkup. I am fasting so I can hear my stomach growling as I type this!

After the appointment I am meeting a friend for lunch and then heading to my American Sign Language class. I decided to take up ASL because using it I can still communicate with my husband when my voice is bad! I can also "talk" across the room to him which I can't do even on a good day with my voice. Now all I have to do it teach my husband the sign language!

Who knows, maybe I will even use ASL to teach deaf children one day! It is a possibility! When you are a teacher without a strong, stable voice it can really limit your job possibilities! I am looking at some technology options and maybe some curriculum writing jobs but . . . who knows what the future will hold.

Oohhhh. My stomach is really talking to me now! I can't wait until I am done giving blood so I can have something to eat. I am also doing some other test which requires me to not drink anything also - I feel as dry as if I were trekking across the desert! I hope you are not that thirsty or hungry while you are reading this post!

Have a good day!
Trisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a chattervox that I use when my voice is really bad. It has a microphone and a speaker that you wear around your waist.

I thought about taking sign language but other people need to know it to understand you. I think it would be excellent for you because, like you said, maybe you could teach deaf children. I developed my own sort of sign language and it really amuzes me to see how some people have picked up on it and use it themselves sometimes.

I've also instituted other forms of communication... such as ringing a bell when I need my kids for something. They say they can tell by how I ring it if I am in a good mood or not. I also beat on the wall with my hand when I am trying to get their attention. Boy, they sure hate it when I knock on the wall. That's what they get when all else has failed and they won't get out of bed.