Saturday, April 12, 2008

Garage Makeover

Hi All!

Today my husband and I tackled one wall of our garage. We put up wall panels, cabinets, and hooks to organize stuff. Why is it that there is always too much stuff in the garage?

Anyway - here is what it looks like now. Of course I didn't take a picture of the other side of the garage which is still full of stuff we have to put away in the cabinets and onthe hooks and in the bins. I will have to say that I am very impressed that my husband finally took the initiative to start getting organized out there. It has always sort of been his domain so I never say much but being out there for any length of time makes me antsy. I want to start organizing and cleaning . . .but, if I do that he will never find anything ever again so I restrain myself.

I did make sure that my family tradition of injuring oneself during any home improvement project continued. Yes, it is only a little chunk out of my left index finger - it hardly bled at all - but, I think it still counts.

Even more impressive than the fact that this actually got done after months, if not years of talking about it, is the fact that my husband and I didn't get into one fight the entire time we were working on this. He even asked my opinion and listened - once in a while! After almost eleven years of marriage we might have finally done our first project together without ending up mad at each other! What a break through! Hopefully this will lead to more projects without bickering!

Oh - my husband just walked in and he thinks I am saying how wonderful he is so - "Honey, you're the best!"

Trisha

No comments: