Thursday, April 24, 2008

Golf Balls and Flowerbed Edging

Hi All!
It was a VERY rainy night last night in my neck of the woods. We got and inch and three-quarters of rain. Luckily, a lot of it was a softer rain that had a chance to sink into the ground before it could run off into the streets! It looked like rain all day yesterday which spurred me into action to put some edging around my new flowerbed. I was out there pounding away and it really felt good to pound on something! It is hard to see in the picture but, it is there and actually didn't wash away in the rainstorm! My Clematis flowers did take a beating in the storm - a lot of their petals got blown away! How sad!


I also discovered the first leaf of a Hosta growing in the flowerbed! If you can see - it has a bit of purple/pink on it as well as green and white. How exciting! This is the only thing that has sprouted so far and it gives me hope that others will soon follow! Is it just me or is planting things sort of nerve wracking? I get nervous waiting for things to sprout. I have to keep telling myself that these things take more than one night to happen! Meanwhile, hubby just laughs at me!

Speaking of Hubby - I did tell you about his golf ball collecting, right? Well, I thought you might like to see how his hobby impacts my life. Hubby cleans his golf balls so that they look better to potential buyers and he uses my kitchen sink to do this. Of course, it is pretty much the only place to do it because we don't have a utility sink anywhere (something I would change if I was building my house again). Anyway - Hubby cleans the golf balls and then sets them out neatly to dry - on my good dish towels and right in the way of everything I might want to do - such as washing dishes or cooking. Wait - I guess I don't really want to do those things but, the balls are still in the way!

I was IMing with my mother today and she reminded me that I only have two more weeks of sign language classes! My, how time flies! I have had a lot of fun taking sign language and hope to continue taking classes in the Fall. I thought about taking a class in the summer but, Hubby hopes to take some vacation time and that would make me miss too many classes so . . . I will wait until Fall. The pumpkin pie I made for class went over very well so I am happy. I didn't get my grade for my presentation (all in sign language) about how to make the pie yet so that could have been a disaster but - it is over with! Now I can start preparing for the final! Yikes!

Trisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing your garden as it progresses! Our dogs have our backyard all tore up. Ugh. We've got some things sprouting in our front planter though.