Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pictures of Spring

Hi All!

I thought I would show you what Spring is looking like in my part of the world. It was an amazing 64 here this morning which means that warmer temperatures are on their way. Of course . . .it is inevitable that warmer temps are coming in Texas!


My neighbor planted tulips this year. She isn't much of a gardener but her tulips came up nicely.

Beautiful to see when just starting and ending my walk!
My balloon plant is coming up again. It is always exciting to see it pop up. The flowers are so neat when they bloom. This is a nice little plant - well, it is getting bigger every year. This is the third year I have had it.

Do you remember the cactus that my mother sent me in the mail? It was three little pieces when I got it. Just look at it now!




The cactus has taken off - the lighter green sections are all new this year. I think I will have to "prune" the thing to make it a bit safer to work around. I really need to find a place to plant it in the ground where it won't bother anyone.
Another perennial that is doing well is my pincushion plant. It is blooming like mad and tempting me to separate it into two plants. Of course - I have no idea where I would put the other plant!



I have had this plant for over 5 years and it is still going strong!


Here is our "good" tree out front. Our home owners association required that we have two trees in our front yard so . . . here they are. One of the two trees is doing really well as evidenced by the picture. The other . . . well, let's just say that it is really struggling to catch up.
These trees are part of the reason we have some foundation issues, I am sure but, they are so pretty. I like just standing under them and looking up. I could do that all day . . . just dreaming!


Cool, green, and beautiful!
Trisha
Voice Update: Doing okay. Still having some effects of overuse and not really wanting to talk a whole lot but . .. such is life. I am doing my massage and exercises but I think I need some more time for my voice to rest and then a good massage from Susan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Spring is beautiful for you! Love the flowers!