Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just Wondering . . .

Hi All!

Hubby and I are planning on a cruise this summer and we will be returning to Kodiak, which we visited last summer. Since we are returning, I emailed a man I met in Kodiak who makes things from Salmon leather. Yes, that is right, salmon leather - salmon skin turned into a kind of leather.

Interesting, right? I thought so!

When we were in Kodiak last summer we wandered into a little craft fair kind of thing. It had several locals who were selling their wares and Jeff, the salmon leather guy, was there. He had some nice stuff and I was intrigued.

You may remember that I am into books and bookmarks. I enjoy buying bookmarks, things I use all the time, as souvenirs of places I go. I asked Jeff if he had bookmarks. He hadn't thought of making bookmarks. Currently, I am emailing with him to see if there are some designs we can come up with for bookmarks. I am excited.

However, the whole bookmark issue brought a question to mind . . . how many people out there actually read books regularly?

You probably know that I read voraciously. Pretty much any book that I can get my hands on is fair game for me and if I don't have a book to read that I am interested in . . .I feel a bit depressed. A new book can cheer me up from pretty much any bad mood. Hubby knows that and when I am grumpy he will often suggest that I go buy a new book. Isn't he super?

Anyway. It is difficult for me to imagine people who don't read (even though I live with one of them). I want to know if YOU read. Let me know so I can tell if I am a REAL weirdo or just a bit strange with my reading habits.

Trisha

Voice Update: I am massaging my little heart out and it seems to be working well for me. My voice is good and my throat isn't too crunchy! Yeah!

2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

I am right there with you! And that trip sounds wonderful!

noble pig said...

I am a magazine reader. I do not like fiction for the most part. When I went back to school for another degree...after I was burnt out on reading. Everything I read now is about food and scientific for winemaking and viticulture. But I do rarely read a book. I just no longer have the time.