Thursday, April 2, 2009

And . . . We're Off!

Hi All!

Rush, rush, rush, rush!

It will be interesting to see if Hubby can get everything together in time to leave for the airport at the time HE wants to leave! Last night I was getting my hand-outs for the presentation finished up and printed, creating a PowerPoint for the presentation, and basically working at the speed of light.

Hubby. He was watching television. Well, he DID wash a load of his clothes that he no doubt needs to take with him today. Did he start to pack? Nope. Even start to think about packing? Nope.

This morning I got up a little later than usual but still pretty early. I fed the cats, made myself breakfast, and washed the mountain of dishes by the sink. I packed and showered and got ready in time to IM with my mom at 8:30. Hubby? He got up about half an hour after me - wandered out to put his clothes in the drier and then went back to bed. While I packed he lounged (true, he did try to keep Skor from taking up permanent residence in my suitcase). While I showered, he lounged. When I got on the computer he suddenly got active and then tells me . . .

"I don't know if I will be ready to leave on time."

I just don't understand men!

Editor's note: Please don't take this post as a "complaint fest." That is not how it is intended. Hubby is WONDERFUL and I never want to be seen as complaining about him. I simply don't understand his thinking. It mystifies me. Honestly!

I will try to keep you posted during the weekend but I may not have access to a computer so you may have to wait until I get home!

Have a good weekend!

Trisha

Voice Update: Ohhhh. I went to speech and was doing pretty well but Susan really fixed me up and now my voice is goooooood!

3 comments:

noble pig said...

We have missed planes because of my husband. It makes me crazy.

Chris H said...

Have fun! And good on you for updating your profile photo, much nicer!

Mental P Mama said...

I think he's funny. And he reminds me of someone here....Happy and safe travels;)