Tuesday, April 7, 2009

An Award and Stuff

Hi All!

A little while back - before I headed to Charlotte - Coffee Bean gave me this wonderful award. Isn't it pretty? She also had some very complimentary things to say about me and my blog. What a great friend!


Now, there is no doubt in my mind that I am supposed to pass this thoughtful and beautiful award on to a certain number of other bloggers. My problem? It seems as if I am always a day late and a few steps behind by the time I do the award thing and everyone already has it! So - here is what I will do - if you are one of my regular readers and you haven't gotten this award - consider it given to you!
Is that a cop out? I hope not because I honestly have problems giving awards - I don't want to keep giving them to the same people who already have them but I don't want to forget people who don't have them yet and deserve them. Oh well - maybe some day I will work this whole thing out for myself.
On to other news and such . . .
It is chilly in Texas this morning. It was only 39 when I woke up - brrr! What is going on with the weather? Normally we are trying to decide if we need to put on the air conditioning by this time of the year!
Have I told you about my strawberries lately? Well, I planted three strawberry plants last year in a big container. I was sure that they would die this winter but - they survived and it looks like we will be having a bumper crop of strawberries soon - as long as the birds don't get them first! It is amazing how many little green strawberries I have. Maybe I will get to taking a picture of them soon so I can show you.
In other garden news . . . I have three hostas which are starting to poke their heads up. Now if only the moonflowers that I planted would follow suite. I think my little flowerbed will be kicking it this year!
Well - I guess I should get to work on some of the stuff I need for classes today!
Have a good one!
Trisha
Voice Update: My voice is still a bit tired from the weekend but it is doing well. Happily, I will have some time to rest it today while attending my ASL classes. I am doing my exercises and massage - one side of my neck is pretty sore - so things are looking up.

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Congrats, and I'll be over soon for some strawberry shortcake!

Flea said...

Mmm! Home grown strawberries!

Chris H said...

I got that award too.. and passed it on to everyone who wanted it!