Saturday, February 14, 2009

This Is What Happens . . .

Hi All!

What happens when you are frustrated by an amazing amount of hair and then go to get a haircut?

Yes, friends, THIS is what happens!

Actually, the cut isn't that much shorter than I have been getting for a while but the front, the little spiky bangs are much shorter - necessitated by my stunning lack of forehead! Also- keep in mind that I took this picture after taking a nap so the back is a bit weird (you can see a little funkiness happening right over my ear in the picture).

I should tell you that Hubby doesn't like the cut. He says it is too short. Personally, I am a bit on the fence. True, the cut is short but, my hair grows extremely fast and I know that within a week, it will be grown out quite a bit. That is why I get it cut short - it is a blatant attempt to stay away from the salon for at least six weeks.

Also - the picture is a self portrait and . .. well, I am just not that good at the whole taking a picture of myself thing. Rats!

In other news . . . have you seen the Geico ads with the money that looks at people? It sort of freaks me out while leaving me a bit bewildered. There is something that just isn't right about those commercials! They also make me wonder how much an advertising company is getting paid for putting little googly eyes on money. Were the advertising people a bit slap-happy one day and were messing around with their kids' toys when they came up with this idea?

Did I mention that Skor actually tried to eat my opal earring the other morning? For a while now, he has had a habit of pulling on my earrings while I sleep (yes, I sleep in my earrings because for some odd reason, the holes close up really quickly - even after 27 years - and by morning would be painful to insert earrings into). Skor particularly enjoys my diamond stud and my opal.

If I am not able to quickly cover my earrings, Skor gets a grip on them with his teeth an tugs. Not a pleasant experience for me! Well, the other morning I wasn't fast enough and Skor latched onto my opal. He tugged just hard enough and actually got the earring out of my ear!

Luckily, the back was still hanging around and Skor decided to spit out the opal rather than swallowing it. However, I still had to sterilize the thing before I put it back in my ear.

Weird cat!

Trisha

Voice Update: My throat is getting less crunchy with massage! YEAH! My voice isn't too bad - only the occasional skip when repeating or talking on the phone - both stressful things for a person with SD. I am planning on writing emails to both Oprah and Ellen telling them about SD and the upcoming World Voice Day. Maybe they will do something on their shows and help spread the word!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness you have pretty skin! I like the wispy bangs!

My husband cracks up over that money with the googley eyes and actually taped a picture of it up by his desk. He is an accountant... oy!

Mental P Mama said...

I like the air! And that Skor is a mess;)

Anonymous said...

I love the hair cut! It's super cute. I say that knowing I'd die 1000 deaths before having mine that short, but still... it's very appeaing with your face! Nicely done!