Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Peach Cake

Hi All!

I almost forgot to tell you about the peach cake I posted on Saturday. Well, I remembered today and so . . . .

This recipe, according to my mother, is old. She got it from a friend many years ago and it is still a favorite in our family!

I don't have pictures of the ingredients to show you but the recipe is simple so just follow along.

Here is what you need:
a box of yellow cake mix
three eggs
a can of peach pie filling
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour

Totally ignore the directions on the cake box and simply stir the mix, the eggs, and the pie filling together. Put into a rectangular cake pan (I spray mine with Pam first).

Mix together the butter (softened), the sugar, and the flour. Sprinkle this concoction over the top of the batter.

Put the cake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.

The cake is wonderfully moist and flavorful with a sweet, slightly crunchy topping.

Yummy!

Trisha

Voice Update: The crunchy throat is gradually going away with the more massage I do. I am doing my exercises and massage like a good girl. My voice does still have some breaks but not nearly as many as Sunday and Monday. Here's to hoping it just keeps getting better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this quick fix...where's the whipped cream?

Chris H said...

How nice, showing me cake first thing in the morning! Pffffft, now I want cake. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe!

I hope your voice continues to improve! Be good to yourself!