Friday, February 20, 2009

Quit Buggin' Me!

Hi All!

Several months ago I began looking into getting car magnets made for Spasmodic Dysphonia. I spoke with a very nice woman named Maria at a company which seemed to be a good company and offered good prices. Here is the basic design for the magnet.

I wanted the shape so I agreed to pay an additional fee for a custom shape. To be honest, after I got the artwork from the company I started having second thoughts. Hubby, my mother, and other people seemed skeptical that I would sell any at all. That made me hesitate in ordering. Then I got busy with school and stuff and never did anything about the order.

Maria emailed me a couple times asking if I was going to order and I responded that I hadn't made up my mind. Then, it started.

A person other than Maria emailed me from the same company asking if I was ready to order. I responded again that I hadn't made up my mind.

A couple of months later, ANOTHER different person emailed me asking if I was ready to order! Now, I understand that there is turn-over in companies and that I was taking a long time to make up my mind but none of the emails after Maria mentioned what had happened to Maria (Your account has been passed on to me . . .) and the third person even sent totally different artwork without the custom shape! Weird, I thought!

Well, the third person, Ginger, keeps emailing me. It isn't all the time but about once every couple of weeks. I am sure that I am frustrating to them, they want to make the sale. I understand and feel slightly bad that I am still waffling like I am. The idea of the magnets has not left my mind but has been shoved into the back of my mind since I have been preoccupied by other things.

Today I got another email from Ginger saying that since I had approved the artwork -which was different from the original artwork and which I NEVER approved - all they needed was my money to print the magnets. Excuse me? Does Ginger think I won't remember that I never approved the artwork she sent? Does she forget that I sent it back with questions about what happened to the original artwork and that she ignored that question and told me that a custom shape would cost more (duh! I knew that and had worked that all out with Maria!)?

Frustrated, I sent back a rather terse email saying that I had three questions. First, where is the original artwork that I did approve? Second, what in the world is going on with their company that I am being passed around to different people with no mention of the fact. I am being treated like I never talked to Maria (via email) at all! Third, what is the big deal if I decide to wait?

Then I forwarded the email from Maria with the original artwork to Ginger and said that THIS was the artwork that I had approved.

Now, quit bugging me until I make up my mind!

Trisha

Voice Update: Rockin' and Rollin'! I am doing well and am still doing my exercises and massage faithfully!

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

They certainly are an aggressive lot!