Friday, February 13, 2009

Hair, Hair, Hair!

Hi All!

This morning I had the "pleasure" of waking up with a big pouf of hair on my face. Since this isn't that unusual for my house, I casually brushed the pouf off and rolled over . . . into another big hair ball! Again . .. a casual sweep of my pillow and a roll to the other side. Only to be greeted by a nose full of kitty whiskers (they ARE hair, right?)!

Please don't think that my house is dirty - it isn't. Hubby sweeps every room pretty much daily in his never ending quest to conquer the hair. I dust and lint brush and clean as well. In fact, I think we spend more money on those little sticky lint rollers. We buy them in bulk from Sam's Club and go through about ten to twenty sheets a day!

No - our house isn't dirty. It is just . . . hairy! I guess having two medium to long hair cats is part of the reason. Well, MOST of the reason. Okay - pretty much ALL of the reason! The stray human hair gets into the mix once in a while but the tufts of white and brown fur are the basis of the problem.

Before anyone tells me I am complaining . . . I am NOT complaining. I fully understand that I chose this lifestyle by having cats. This blog is merely an observation of the results of that choice. I love my cats and don't regret getting them . . . most of the time. There are moments when I wish they would be transported to Mars but, in general, I am glad that they are around.

Back to the hair.

In addition to the regular amounts of cat hair that we deal with, Skor has decided to add another entry into the mix. He enjoys pulling hair from his fuzzy mouse and from the tail of his fuzzy rabbit. He can sit for literally an hour and methodically pull hair from these defenseless critters. The hair is left in pouffy piles around the house.

It is very obvious that this is NOT cat hair. The mouse is a weird beige-orange shade and the rabbit is a bright orange! While it is apparent that Skor enjoys this "de-hairing" both Hubby and I are mystified as to just why. Those two critters are Skor's favorite toys and you would think that by pulling the hair out of them, he would understand that he is ruining them. Of course . . . he IS a cat!

The little poufs on my face and pillow this morning were courtesy of the fuzzy mouse. Apparently, Skor was waiting patiently for me to get up and while he was waiting he was denuding the poor mouse's tail!

All of the hair is something that I generally take in stride but lately . . . I am getting a bit freaked by never having a single piece of clothing without at least one cat hair on it! Doing laundry is like preparing hides for processing . . . first get all the hair off the item . . . Not too much fun! There is even hair floating in the air inside my car. Now, the cats are never in my car unless they are in a carrier and you would think that the carrier would impeded the hair floating ability. Wrong! In fact, the hair stays hidden for weeks and then innocently floats by your face while you are driving. How nice!

Part of the hair issue, I must admit, is probably me as well. I am getting my hair cut this afternoon and I CAN'T WAIT! My hair has been driving me crazy. Which is probably why I am so fixated on hair.

Hmmmmm.

Trisha

Voice Update: The crunchiness is much less! I was massaging my little heart out on the way to classes yesterday and the crunchiness diminished! YEAH! Of course, now I need to keep massaging to keep the crunchiness at bay! My voice is doing pretty well. I am having some problems with having to repeat myself but, that is "normal" for me so . . . it is just life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as you don't suck up a hairball I guess it's okay.

Mental P Mama said...

Excuse me--he was decorating his mama. Now you go thank him for the present. And Happy Valentine's Day;)

Chris H said...

Sorry I but I so could not stand all that hair! Teddy does not shed at all.. not one hair! I on the other hand do! *sigh* but I can't get rid of myself can I? lol