Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Miscellaneous

Hi All!

Well, the weekend is over and a new week has begun! I have FINALLY gotten myself back into my routine of walking and weights (day one today!) and I feel like I am getting back in control after last week with its water heater and phone issues.

Of course, I am not totally in control yet - the water heater isn't working quite right. We get nice, hot water at the beginning of the shower and then, after a minute, the water cools and you need to turn the hot water up. A minute later, the new hot water cools and you have to turn it up again. You keep doing this for the entire shower until the knob is turned as far as it can go.

For someone who likes hot showers, this is just not right!

The plumbers are coming back on Wednesday which means that I will be stuck here at home all day waiting for them. Fun, fun!

Our phone got fixed on Saturday. Apparently, the problem was that while the plumbers were working on the water heater they had bumped or moved or jostled something which caused the phone to "short" out. Nice, huh?

My parents are getting DSL. They have been living with dial-up internet and getting more and more frustrated with how slow the internet was for them. Normally, I talk to my mother each morning (except Sunday which is our day off) on Instant Message. Today, no Mom! I wonder if they are having problems with their DSL. I know that last night, when I called them to let them know that we had a phone again, they were having someone come out today to see what was going on. They had the "easy to install yourself" box which, as it turned out, wasn't so easy. Dad followed the directions and even called the support line for their help without any success.

Mom says that they are trying to compete with us for frustrating things going wrong. I don't know - I still think we win with the water heater AND the phone!

Today I am meeting my friend M for lunch at the mall. We meet once a month and today is the day. I am looking forward to a nice visit!

If you don't read my comments, check out Scott Adam's comment on Saturday's post. He is the creator of the Dilbert comic strip and also has SD. He recently had surgery for SD and is doing well. I don't know a whole lot about this surgery but I do know that it is only used for people who have the adductor type of SD - which, of course, I DON'T have!

Thanks for the comment, Scott!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still working the massage and exercise. The voice is doing okay but I am still having issues with drainage, sneezing, and coughing. Not too fun!

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

That hot water heater is starting to annoy me.