Friday, August 26, 2011

Here's Mud - I Mean Blood - In Your Eye

Hi All!

Yesterday's class was fabulous. I think (feel, hope, believe) that this semester will be wonderful. Compared to last semester it would be hard NOT to be but .. . . anyway.

After class last night I went to the Bavarian Grill with two friends from class. We had a good time chatting and listening to the accordion player. Since we were seated at a table right next to the stage, we even got to ask the player to play some songs for us (The Lonely Goatherd from the Sound of Music and In Heaven There is no Beer). It was a fun, fun night. AND the food was delicious!

One the way home my eyes were sort of bothering me but I just thought it was from the length of the day. So- I headed home. No problems. Got home. No problems. Got ready for bed (after playing with the cats and feeding them, etc.). No problems. Tossed and turned in bed (for some reason). No problems.

Woke up this morning. Slight problem.

My left eye/ eye lid hurt. I happened to rub my eye and instantly regretted it! Ouch!

I didn't think much of it and got up and got ready for swimming. Then, I decided to take a look at things in the mirror. My eyelid looked fine - no swelling and no redness. Then I peeled back my eye lid and saw this.
sfgj

Hmmmm!

sfj

Blood. Plus a spot that seems to be the "epicenter" of everything. Not good.

sfgj

This is the first time I have ever had blood in my eye (which is why I am not too talented at taking pictures of it - as you can see!)

sfj

Blood in the eye plus some aching pain. Not good.

sfj

I called my eye doctor (it is time for my eye check up anyway!) and made an appointment for this morning so, hopefully, she will tell me it isn't anything to worry about!

fgj

Keep your fingers crossed.

sfgj

Trisha

sfgj

Voice Update: Sitting that close to a stage with an accordion player wasn't a good idea. It was sort of noisy so I had to raise my voice too much. That left me with a nice, hoarse, tired voice which I will no doubt pay for today. When will I learn??

No comments: