Saturday, August 27, 2011

And the Verdict is in!

Hi All!

Went to the eye doctor yesterday because I had some blood in my eye. Luckily, it is neatly contained under my eyelid.

Anyway - went to the eye doctor and was told that I have an eye infection - basically I have pink eye!

Not having been around any kiddos with the problem nor any adults from whom to catch the infection, I asked just how I could have gotten it. The nice doctor told me that sometimes it is the result of a cold or upper respiratory infection.

Interestingly, I have just had one of those!

Can we all say "Thanks, Hubby!" together?

So for the next week it is drops in the eye four times a day and trying not to rub my eye. Of course, as soon as someone says "Don't rub your eye!" I feel like doing nothing BUT rubbing my eye. I guess I will just keep a bottle of Purell next to me at all times to disinfect my hands!

What fun!

Trisha

Voice Update: Doing well. Still not quite up to pre-restaurant quality but not back to horrible voice days. Mom talked to me on the phone yesterday (when I relayed the infection diagnosis) and was surprised that my voice wasn't really bad. These days, my voice has been so good that even a little slip backwards is BAD to me!


2 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Ugh! But with the drops, you will have relief in a quick time!

Chris H said...

OH DEAR! I hope your eye settles down soon.