Thursday, January 21, 2010


Hi All!

Well, I survived the first of many days I will call "suicide schedules!" I had work and then class from 6 until 10 P.M. That is a LONG day! Especially when you add in the 40-45 minute drive home.

Anyway, I survived. It was nice to see so many of my ASL friends in class. The class itself seems like it is going to be interesting but I am going to reserve my final judgement until we really get into things!

Work yesterday was good. Well, it was better than Tuesday since I had a bit more of an idea about what was going on. I also had a speech appointment so I got to chat a bit with Susan while she was working on my throat. Surprisingly, despite everything that has been going on in my life lately (illness and class, etc.) my voice got a seal of approval. In fact, Susan said she was very impressed with how well it is doing. She said that while my neck was a bit "crunchy" it wasn't as tight as she had predicted it to be after hearing that I had been sick. YEAH! I must be doing something right!

One thing I am not doing well at is the whole support group thing. We are supposed to have a meeting in two weeks and I haven't even sent out the notice! I did secure a location but . . . probably no one will show up! Of well! I have good intentions! We will see what happens with that.

Okay - I am going to make this a bit shorter than I could. Have a good Day!


Voice Update: I pretty much said it all in the main body of the post. Doing well. Doing well!


Flea said...

You go girl! I'm so impressed with how hard you work at keeping your throat and voice in shape, as well as with your ASL classes. Awesome!

Mental P Mama said...

I need a nap after all that!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

The mere fact that you are enduring these incredibly long days is proof of your tenacity.

You're stronger than you realize.

The length of your days requires incredible endurance that most people don't have.

Pat yourself on the back. You're a marathon runner.