Thursday, February 5, 2009

Working, Working, Working . . .

Hi All!

Well, today is the day my presentation is due in class and so I am working like a busy little beaver. What? Oh . . . I guess because I am blogging right now I am not exactly working at the moment. Let me restate. . .

Well, today is the day my presentation is due in class and so I have been working like a busy little beaver. Is that better? Okay!

Did I mention that I have been busy? First, I researched my topic (The Pros and Cons of Easy Access to Information and Communication). There is a LOT of stuff on the Internet that is almost,but not quite, what I wanted. Having to narrow things down was quite a challenge! Next, I wrote my paper. This wasn't too hard because I have been doing papers for classes for years and years! This one included footnotes and references. Fun! Then, I worked on my PowerPoint keeping it succinct and making sure that I didn't overload people with the content. After that, I started planning what I would actually say during the presentation. Since the teacher wants us to basically say the same thing as our paper . . . I went back and forth to get everything in the presentation. While doing the presentation part I had to be aware of requirements to include - this was the frustrating part of the whole thing!

You see - in ASL classes, they teach you various things and then expect you to include them in your next presentation even if your topic isn't conducive to using those particular things! Hence the struggle. However, I believe that I finally, after much angst, got everything included. I hope.

Today I need to get to the ASL lab early so I have plenty of time to have someone work with me to refine my presentation. I don't know all of the signs I need! Yikes! I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS TODAY!!!!!!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still on track with the massage. My throat has been really dry lately making talking a bit difficult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your presentation! I can't wait to hear how you do!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I am so glad wuth writing papers for school! Good luck today!