Friday, February 6, 2009

All That For Nothing . . .

Hi All!

Remember all the hassle my procrastination caused me? I rushed around like a crazy person and worked and reworked my paper and my Powerpoint. I sweated over my AOL Gloss paper making sure that I had the right number of each specific kind of sign. Forgoing lunch, I headed to the lab early to practice my presentation and to learn the signs I didn't know.

While not feeling really prepared, I was resigned to the fact that I was as prepared as I was going to be. Class came and I sat at my desk nervously only comforted slightly by the fact that I knew every other person in class was just as nervous. After the professor told us how he would evaluate our presentations and all of that vital information, the presentations started.

Only THREE students gave their presentations before the end of class. THREE! I was not one of the THREE! Now I have to wait until Tuesday! I have MORE time to sweat and stew and refine and tinker. Great!

Today I am going to attempt to show you some sign language using the movie function on my camera. I don't know how this is going to work yet so . .. be patient and please, please, please, ignore the fact that I have no make-up on! I will give you a transcript of what I sign so you know what is going on.



Transcript: Hi! My name is Trisha. I live in Texas. I took up ASL because I have a voice problem called Spasmodic Dysphonia. It isn't bad. It doesn't hurt at all. ASL interests me. I learn a lot about Deaf culture and I meet nice Deaf people. If you are interested in ASL, you should take up ASL classes. Ok. Bye!

Now wasn't that a hideous video of me? Oh well! Enjoy!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still truckin' right along. I am still doing my massage in the car despite the odd looks I get from people. Last night, in Deaf Culture class, I remembered to turn my body towards the movie screen while we watched a video. If I only turn my neck, I usually end up with a stiff neck that complicated everything! The joys of SD!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I didn't understand a 'word' of it! OH except for 'bye'! lol
You are doing well by the look of it though.

Anonymous said...

You're so good! And your hair is short and dark!

Thanks for the video! It's easy to see how advanced you are in your signing now!

I didn't notice anything about makeup!