Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Weird Thing Is . . .

Hi All!

Yesterday, I wrote about procrastination. Of course, writing the blog on procrastination was my way of putting off working on a paper, PowerPoint, and presentation for my ASL 3 class. Nice, huh?

Yesterday, I got myself working and, instead of reading blogs (which explains any lack of comments), I wrote my paper and completed my PowerPoint. Nothing too exciting but I certainly felt a little less pressure because two thirds of the whole thing were completed. The process of the work was so absorbing that by the time I surfaced enough to check the time at the bottom of my computer screen, I had just enough time to shower, change, scarf down some lunch, and make it to class in the nick of time.

In actuality, I was just in the nick of time to get some lab hours in before class. Lab hours are problematic this week due to my lunch with M on Monday and the need to wait for the plumbers today. Two prime lab hour amassing days down the drain! Of course, I will still head to the lab on Friday and will probably get several hours then.

Okay - back to class. Remember how I have the paper and PowerPoint done. Well, in class we were presented with some things we need to include in our projects. We were also given some more guidelines. Great timing, huh? So now I need to revise what I have done to fit the guidelines and to include the material presented in class.

Here is the weird thing - I am oddly motivated to get to work! My fingers are itching to edit that paper and PowerPoint and I am already thinking in ASL Gloss (the system used to write an English translation of ASL) about what my presentation will be like. I want to get busy!

And yet . . . I don't!

Weird, huh?

Trisha

Voice Update: Still doing well. Massage was the topic of choice yesterday in the front of my mind. During a movie in class (which WAS very interesting) I did some massage. The stop lights along the way all were massage breaks. The woman in the SUV next to me during one massage break was obviously fascinated with what I was doing - she missed the green light for the turn lane and got honked at!

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

LOL. That lady missed her turn...now get to work;)

imbeingheldhostage said...

LOL I saw someone doing a massage once in a car next to me-- wasn't the same thing I'm sure and I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

I so completely understand the procrastination thing-- even when you're eager to get to work. Every night when I'm bone tired and love my bed more than any other place on earth, I stop by blogs and next thing I know, several hours are gone. like now.
good night!

Flea said...

Get to work, woman! Sounds like a lot of fun!