Monday, June 1, 2009

Carrot Cake Adventure

Hi All!

Yesterday, I baked a cake. Not from scratch but from a Duncan Hines mix. I should tell you the Hubby is extremely suspicious of my cake making skills for some odd reason. He won't let me make him cakes for his birthday and doesn't normally like any cakes I make for other occasions.

This time, I think we had a break through!


Hubby was the one who cut the coupon out for carrot cake and cream cheese frosting. He really likes carrot cake!
This cake was very luscious. The frosting wonderfully creamy.

Yum!

Hubby ate up his piece and even considered taking a piece to work for his lunch today. Impressive. He even said that he might like it if I made this cake again sometime.

High praise from Hubby!

Skor Update: Last night/this morning Skor did well. He came in and jumped up on the bed but didn't try to get at my face at all. He did snuggle into my neck but not anything too violent. Do you think he got the idea from only one night?

On another Skor topic - Hubby had a good laugh when scooping the litter box yesterday. Apparently, Skor took his favorite toy mouse and buried it in the litter! Talk about a weird find!

Trisha

Voice Update: Still holding my own and doing well. Having some problems with words starting with Cs but Susan says it is because I block my air flow. I am working on it!

4 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Gotta love that Skor...and carrot cake too;)

Asthmagirl said...

Yay for cake! One of my all time favorites!

noble pig said...

Goood work, practice makes perfect. Carrot cake is my husband's favorite too!

Chris H said...

OMG! My mouth is watering just looking at that cake. NOT NICE girl! lol