Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sailing, Sailing . . .

Hi All!

Hubby and I are asea again! We are in the middle of the ocean somewhere! I am still not sure that I want to let you in on our location yet! In fact, I think I will make it a bit of a contest!

I will have a special treat to send to the first person who correctly identifies where we are traveling based on the very veiled hints I have been giving. Remember, after I return I will show you pictures and give you more details - I can't do the whole picture thing from the ship.

Let's see - yesterday were in another port of call. It is somewhere that Hubby and I have been before so we didn't rush right off the ship. We actually did some laundry and saw a movie on the ship before heading down the gangplank.

Onshore we saw a very quaint little town in which smokers are cautioned to "Save our hundred year old wooden buildings and dispose of butts here." There were wooden sidewalks and gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains.

I stopped at a local shop - in my effort to purchase souvenirs that are actually made in this area - and hit pay dirt! I bought a book thong (please tell me that someone reading this knows what that is!) and a cd of music by a local musician. I hope the cd is good - I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet!

After purchasing a postcard and getting it in the mail - Hubby and I returned to the ship for dinner. We sure get a lot of food here! Of course, that is part of what a cruise is all about, isn't it?

Good luck figuring out where we are and remember, I do have a prize for the first correct guess!

Trisha

Voice update: My voice is very good. So good that people don't even know that I have SD. Interesting! I am falling behind on most of my exercises but am making an effort to read out loud. Seeing this in print has made me determined to get back on the wagon with my massage and exercises. Fun, fun, fun! Talking to myself on this ship won't be too weird. There are a lot of older people who do the exact same thing!

2 comments:

Arwyn Y. said...

Are we supposed to guess a very specific area, or just a state or whatever? Because my guess would be Alaska, given the halibut, long twilights, marine life, etc.

Arwyn Y. said...

Oh, if you need somewhere more specific than Alaska, I would guess at least part of the trip was in Ketchikan, if my Google-fu is not failing me today :).